The international tourist tariff is determined by the Royal Government of Bhutan. The policy of value tourism is best supported by a system of daily minimum tariff fixed by the Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB). This rate is the same for al tour operators in Bhutan and the rates can be higher, depending upon the nature of services desired beyond the entitlement for USD 250.
The current daily tariff is as follows:
For group of 3 persons or above US $ 250 per night per person
- For 2 persons in a group: US $ 280 per night per person
- For 1 person: US $ 290 per night per person
Tariff for individuals and small groups (FITs):
For group less than 3 pax surcharge is applicable. This amount goes directly to the Government of Bhutan.
- 1 person Group US$ 40 per Night stay in Bhutan.
- 2 person Group US$ 30 per Night stay in Bhutan.
The minimum price includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transport
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis. The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided/asked for. List of hotels and lodges approved for international tourist accommodation updated from time to time shall be issued by TCB.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
Single individual US$ 40 per night
Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- a) With effect from 01/07/2009, the government has revoked the 25% discount on Diplomatic visas.
- b) There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty.
- c) Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- d) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- e) 50%discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night.
- f) Visitors availing discounts under Sections A, B & C shall not be eligible for discount under E.
Detailed information on Druk Air flights, tour and trekking programmes, festivals, places of interest, hotels etc can be obtained from the tour operators.
There is supplementary charge for single room, use of luxury transport and hotels/resorts. A sum of USD 10 per tourist per visit shall be payable towards Tourism Development Fund (TDF).